It’s about : Data Supply Chain
There have been a number of questions coming my way about Delphix versus snapshot technologies. The capabilities of Delphix can be differentiated from snapshot technologies through the following hierarchy:
- Data Supply Chain (Delphix approach to data management)
- Data Virtualization (end-to-end collection and provisioning of thin clones)
- Thin Cloning
- Storage Snapshots
- Chain of custody
- Self Service
- Login and Roles
- Data Versioning and Branching
- Refresh, Rollback
- Live Archive
- Unix to Linux conversion
- Data Center migration
- Federated data cloning
Data Supply Chain re-invents data management and provisioning by virtualizing, governing, and delivering data on demand.
Most businesses manage data delivery with manual, ad hoc processes: users file change requests, then wait for DBAs, systems administrators, and storage administrators to push data from system to system, bogging down production applications, networks, and target systems with long load times. Data delays cost businesses billions a year in lost productivity and low utilization of systems and software resources.
As a result, there an enormous opportunity to optimize data management. Data management can be optimized with data supply chain yielding significant business impact:
- Drive revenue, competitive differentiation with faster application time to market
- Enable faster growth via better release management of enterprise applications
- Improve customer intimacy, upsell, cross-sell with faster, more flexible analytics
- Free budget for innovation by reducing IT maintenance costs
- Reduce compliance risk through better governance, data security.
Businesses need to manage data as a strategic asset across their operations, applying the same rigor as supply chain optimization for manufacturing companies.
Data Supply Chain Transformation Process with Delphix
Delphix applies a three-step process to transform the data supply chain:
- Analyze: survey systems, processes, teams across data supply chains
- Transform: virtualize, automate data delivery with centralized governance
- Leverage: drive business value via new data products, process optimization
Businesses typically manage multiple data supply chains simultaneously, all of which are targets for data chain optimization:
- Compliance retention, reporting
- Modernization, migration projects
- Application projects and development
- BI, analytics
- Data protection.
Delphix re-invents the data supply chain with its Virtual Data Platform:
- Install data engines in hours across all repositories, locations (including cloud)
- Connect: non-disruptively sync data across sites, systems, architectures
- Control: secure data, track release versions, preserve and prove data history
- Deploy: automatically launch virtual data environments in 10x less space, time
- Leverage data with self service refresh, reset, branching, bookmarks, integration.
According to an IDC study, Delphix pays for itself in IT savings, with an average payback of 4.3 months.